This badge signifies the completion of the course Ethology in Animal Training
This course covers the following:
- Ethology refers to the study of behavior under natural conditions (I like to use the words natural history of the species)
- We can look to ethology to help us understand some of the behavior animals present
- Which can be helpful for behavior ideas for educational programming
- It can also help identify reinforcers, ways to arrange the environment to get desired responses, and help trainers understand what might be needed to create a more relaxed and comfortable animal likely to respond. (More cover, buddies, darkness, etc.)
- It is almost impossible to be a good trainer without knowing your animal, this includes the ethology. Therefore, most professionals recommend spending time with animals if you want to become an exotic animal trainer.
This course takes 1 hour to complete.